Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boucher Announces Retirement

Penguins defenseman Philippe Boucher announced his retirement today according to TSN.
"I have always admired athletes that have retired as champions and I am humbled to have the chance to count myself among them," said Boucher. "I would like to take this opportunity to thank my teammates, my coaches and the organizations I played with over the years. I am going to miss being with the boys."
Boucher was one of those players who wasn't fully appreciated. I liked him and felt he deserved more credit for the role he played on the team both on and off the ice. However, he was able to obtain what had eluded him for 17 seasons - the coveted Stanley Cup. Regardless of all that, he did appreciate Pittsburgh (all hockey) fans and said so today as he announced his retirement.
"I would also like to recognize the best fans in all of sports. I never took for granted what a privilege it is to play this game and how important the fans are," added Boucher.
I'm guessing this fairs well for Ben Lovejoy who I would love to see up here with the big boys!!

No comments: