Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Transcript from the First Broadcast of "NXL Na Russkom" (NHL In Russian)

The very first radio broadcast of "NXL Na Russkom" (NHL In Russian) was live on the air this morning at 8:30 AM (4:30 PM in Moscow).

Their first guest was none other than Evgeni Malkin who was amusing as always (how do I know?)!!


Here's a little snippet of the interview:
ALYONKA: Let's talk about the Stanley Cup.
MALKIN: What is that?
ALYONKA: When we came back to Pittsburgh, there was a huge parade. How was it for you to be a part of that, riding through the streets with that many fans around you? I think 100,000?
BIRMAN: More than 300,000.
MALKIN: You were off by a little there.
MEJERITSKI: Yeah a little, around 200,000.
ALYONKA: How was that for you? What were your feelings? And that the MVP trophy was with you.
MALKIN: I definitely didn't expect that. We started a little bit outside of downtown where we got into our cars and there were a few people, and a few fans and you thought that that was it. But then we went into downtown and all I could say was 'wow' because I've never seen that many people. On rooftops, people were hanging out of windows and trees. It was crazy. And then I truly felt 'we actually won' My dream came true that I've been dreaming of since I was a kid of winning some
kind of cup
The show will be re-aired tonight at 10:00 PM, Thursday and Saturday (SEE THE SITE FOR MORE DETAILS) and will be live every Tuesday at 8:30 AM.

No comments: