Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Did Any of You Catch This?!!

Yesterday, Rob Rossi mentioned a quick note about the Pens alternate jersey's in a blurb talking about the Florida Panthers new third jerseys being similar to the Penguins baby blue duds:

The Florida Panthers unveiled an alternate uniform last night. The color scheme mirrored the Penguins' original colors: baby blue, dark blue and white. Those colors are part of the Penguins' popular current throwback-themed alternate uniforms, which will be replaced next season.
Interesting!

Although I like the baby blue throwbacks, I am thrilled with a change so soon even though I'm not quite as happy with the thought of liking the latest alternate jersey and having to fork out money for it (which is ultimately their goal by releasing new ones so often)!! It's something to look forward to. Besides, the jerseys have to be "retired" so they eventually become vintage and more appreciated by the avid collector, IMO (not so popular - that's all you see anymore).

It'll be nice for the inaugural season in the Consol Energy Center (and I would hope a patch to go along with it). I've seen some suggest the "Lemiuex-era gold" and I'm not sure what else it would be. We haven't seen the bright gold for a while. I'm just used to the subtleness of the "vegas gold" after seeing it for so long. I'm not a big fan of the bright gold jerseys you see people wearing now with Malkin and Crosby on the back. We shall see.
What are your thoughts?

No comments: