According to Rossi and Yohe, Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda and Shero talked yesterday afternoon. Shero gave Jagr's agent the Pens final (perhaps only) offer last night and said they wanted an answer by today which is where we're at now (WAITING ...). Shero has said that with the Pens cap situation, the offer to Jagr is as good as it gets. It's officially a one-year deal, but details on how much has not been released (I've read that it's close, if not at, $2 million which is what Jagr reportedly was asking).
LATEST (AT THIS VERY MINUTE), Svoboda is saying Jagr is on a plane heading to the US (meaning Montreal is out of the picture, I'm assuming -- however, most sources have been told NOT to read into that) ... I would guess that we will definitely know his answer (Pittsburgh or Detroit)
"He is flying to New York (from the Czech Republic) right now," agent Petr Svoboda said. "He is coming this afternoon and will tell us his answer then."My gut is telling me he'll be playing with Pittsburgh next season but we'll know for sure closer to mid-day, so ...
Jagr is not expected to arrive in the U.S. until at least 3:30 p.m. Svoboda said he expects to know Jagr's decision within and hour of his arrival.
STAY TUNED AND CHECK BACK HERE OFTEN!!! I'm on #JagrWatch!!