Thursday, October 29, 2009

[UPDATE] Malkin OUT?!!!

[UPDATE #2]
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Malkin will be replaced on the second line by Jordan Staal and they'll recall Mark Letestu and Chris Conner from their AHL affiliate from WB / S (Kennedy will not be in the lineup again tomorrow night in Columbus).

[MORE from the Pens webpage]
Malkin is suffering from a shoulder strain. Again, the emphasis is on precautionary and the fact that giving it a few weeks will get him back to normal and not make things worse by continuing to play. He will be / is with the team in Columbus.
"I can play good, but it’s the early season," Malkin said about the injury. "I feel good. It’s not a big problem, and I’m fine. I’ll be watching and supporting the team on the trip. It’ll be fine."

"It’s okay. It’s not the pain. It feels good. It’s because it doesn’t feel comfortable now."
[UPDATE]
My immediate thought was the fact that I didn't see Malkin get hurt last night or take a particularly hard hit or anything; however, according to Rob Rossi, Malkin has been suffering with the injury for a few weeks and that Bylsma is forcing him to sit.

My next thought was TANGRADI (here we go!), but also according to Rossi, "Jeffrey or Smith likely to get the call" and that AHL call-up is not an ideal situation since the team is in Winnipeg right now.

Let's see what ya got, Staalsy - it may be your time to shine!!!

Now, I have to go concentrate on breathing and remembering, "depth, depth, DEPTH!" I'll post any updates I find as I get them, so check back!!

OK - I'm trying to be calm and not make a big deal out of this, but the Penguins webpage just reported that Malkin will be out 2 - 3 weeks with a shoulder injury (unrelated to the one he had in 2006) - the team is being cautious.

More later when I find out more.

No comments: