Sunday, October 11, 2009

Contract Talks Between Pittsburgh, Gonchar Off 'Til January

According to Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com,

The Penguins met with Sergei Gonchar's agent, J.P. Barry, just before the season started, but both sides have agreed to postpone the next round of talks until January, when GM Ray Shero will have a better idea of next season's salary cap. Gonchar is slated for unrestricted free agency July 1.
I really, really, really hope that they can work something out. Gonchar is a really important part of the Pens and plays a vital role on the power play as well as in the locker room. Even though he's reserved, he brings a great presence to the ice for the team. I'd also like to see him retire as a Penguin, but only time will tell (I'm really not sure they can afford to lose him).

1 comment:

Insane said...

Hi Fellow Blogger,

NFL Betting Picks

Live Cricket Betting

Please "place my two blogs in your blogs" and send me ur blogs list to me, i will place your blogs link in my 2 blogs.

Comment on my blogs latest post with your blog details.

Regards
John Rinch