Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weekly Rumor Chat

I just so happened to stumble upon Puck Daddy's weekly live rumor chat with Lyle "Spector" Richardson of Fox Sports and The Hockey News, and Dave Pagnotta of TheFourthPeriod.com

It was just at the right time too! Someone asked where they thought Orpik would be come next week - they all agreed it would be Pittsburgh (and here's part of the transcript for more of a feel of the chat):

[Comment From Jonathan] Where will Orpik land? (please say
buffalo, please say buffalo)
Spector -
Pittsburgh

DavidPagnotta - Is Buffalo spelled P-I-T-T-S-B-U-R-G-H?
Wyshynski - Yeah, I agree Lyle. I think despite all the Therrien talk, it'll be the Burgh.
Spector - Buffalo Street, Pittsburgh PA

So then I got the bright idea of thinking they would provide me with a more definitive answer about Ruutu - WRONG; nothing even close and I probably would've done better asking one of my big toe (here's the short transcript for that):
[Comment From Stephanie] AWESOME that you think Orpik will
remain in Pittsburgh --- how about my favorite, Ruutu?? I've seen "rumors" go both ways on this one.
Spector -
Ruutu tests the market
DavidPagnotta - Spector's right on the money with Ruutu.
Gee, 'tell me something I don't know, ***hole!'

Give me a break, "right on the money"? I don't need to ask so-called "experts" to get answers like these! Maybe it was because I started the question with "AWESOME"? OK - I lose a point, but come on!

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm getting a little anxious over free agency especially when it comes to Ruutu (its been long enough and no announcements have been made about any of our UFA yet)!!

BEAR WITH ME!!

No comments: