Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Penguins Extend Johnson's Contract by Two

The Penguins announced earlier this morning that they signed back-up goalie Brent Johnson to a two-year contract extension.
The new contract goes into effect at the start of the 2010-11 season and will run through 2011-12. Johnson will earn $600,000 in 2010-11 and $600,000 in 2011-12. With Johnson and Marc-Andre Fleury, who is signed through 2014-15, the Penguins have solidified their depth at the goaltending position.
Which actually makes me a little sad because I was looking forward to having John Curry come up sooner rather than later even though I think Johnson is a great back-up (and a better option right now than Curry) ... but I just see something in Curry and I suppose that two years isn't unrealistic for him to stay with the baby Pens and grow more as a goaltender (I'm just hoping that it doesn't end up with another team which is always a possibility).

No comments: