Saturday, December 5, 2009

[UPDATE] Pre-Game Notes (Pittsburgh VS Chicago) - LINES

LINES (confirmed)
FORWARDS
Talbot - Malkin - Guerin
Fedotenko - Staal - Dupuis
Cooke - Letestu - Kennedy
Rupp - Adams - Godard

CROSBY OUT
Sid is suffering from a groin injury which had him leave the morning skate early and is keeping him out of the lineup tonight
"My groin is bothering me a bit," Crosby said. "I won't be playing tonight. It's something that's been bothering me for three or four days and I'm going to sit this one out."When it's getting worse each day, it's not a good sign. I've missed periods of time over the last few years with groin (injuries) and I kind of know when it's time to take a step back and make sure that I'm careful. I feel like I'm at that point."

"I have hurt my groin before where I’ve felt like it was going to be a couple weeks," he said. "I feel like this is going to be day-to-day if I handle it right and I heal the way that I hope to. That is basically it. You take it day-by-day and hope it feels better."
AHL CALL-UP / BOURQUE ON WAIVERS back to Capitals
Letestu was recalled from the WB / S Baby Pens today; the Penguins placed Chris Bourque on waivers and was recently [re]claimed by the Washington Capitals (to play for the Hershey Bears)


COOKE RETURNS
Tonight will be the first game with Cooke back in the lineup after serving his two-game suspension for the hit on NY Ranger Artem Anisimov.

LINE COMBINATIONS (projected)
Talbot-TBA-Guerin
Dupuis-Malkin-Fedotenko
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Godard

Gonchar-Orpik
McKee-Letang
Eaton-Skoula

Fleury in goal

Chicago Injury / Line Info

  • Adam Burish (F), torn ACL in right knee -- sidelined up to six months
  • Dave Bolland (F), back surgery to repair herniated disc -- out three-to-four months

No comments: