Monday, December 7, 2009

[UPDATE 2] Pre-Game Notes (Pittsburgh VS Carolina) - He's "IN!"

[UPDATE #2]
Crosby confirmed that he'll be in tonight's lineup against the Hurricanes (my boy doesn't let me down - I told you!)!! : )
"I'm in," Crosby said. "I've had a good couple days of rest and got it worked on. There's no more pain. That's all I really wanted to get rid of. I can deal with it right now."
[UPDATE] NO WORD YET ON CROSBY (will keep you posted; until I leave for the game, that is!)
Sid participated in the morning skate (along with Kunitz and Goligoski which was their first practice since their lower-body injuries); Sid's status for tonight's game is still unknown, but I'm thinking this is a pretty good sign that he will be in the lineup (perhaps it's my wishful thinking since I'll be at the game tonight, but there is a rational part of my brain thinking he'll be playing); Kunitz and Goligoski will not likely return to the lineup so soon as this was their first time back on the ice and would need more time to acclimate themselves after rehab'ing injuries

LINE COMBINATION (projected)
Talbot-Malkin-Guerin
Dupuis-Letestu-Fedotenko
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Rupp-Adams-Godard

Gonchar-Orpik
McKee-Letang
Eaton-Skoula

Fleury in net

Carolina Injury / Lineup Info

  • Jussi Jokinen (F), lower body injury - day-to-day (practiced 12/06); game-time decision
  • Cam Ward (G), leg laceration - day-to-day (practiced 12/06)
  • Joe Corvo (D), leg laceration - out 8-12 weeks
  • Michael Ryan (F), probable concussion - IR (practicing with Albany)
  • Niclas Wallin (D) - did not practice on 12/6 and is questionable for 12/7 at Pittsburgh

No comments: