Thursday, March 12, 2009

Penguins On the Mend

The Penguins held an optional skate yesterday afternoon. Petr Sykora and Philippe Boucher decided to take advantage of the time before practice to skate.

Boucher has been on injured reserve since having surgery on his left in late January. He played through the pain prior to that. It's uncertain as to when he will return.
"So far, I've responded (well) to skating, but it's just skating," Boucher said. "I meet with the doctor Friday, and he'll tell me what more I can do."
Sykora is still listed as day-to-day and it's uncertain as to whether or not he will play tonight against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
"My legs are feeling pretty good so we'll so how it goes," Sykora said. "I'm going to travel with the team and a decision is going to be made (Thursday) morning. I'll know more then."

"He's getting better," interim head coach Dan Bylsma said. "It's a situation where we're worrying about a month and half or two months away, not (Thursday). The best thing is to make sure he gets better and that he doesn't get worse if he plays."
According to Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sykora is accompanying the Penguins on their trip to Columbus, but will not play and is likely to return to the lineup on Saturday against the Ottawa Senators.

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

That is the happiest picture. I always hope he gets a goal every time he plays. Just to see the happy.