Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Is Someone Listening to My Prayers?!!!

This comes from one of the more credible hockey writers, Pierre LeBrun of ESPN:
We got word overnight that the Pittsburgh Penguins have held talks with the Ottawa Senators about reacquiring pest Jarkko Ruutu. We're not sure if this is going to go anywhere, but it's interesting to see the Pens (if our source is correct) even entertain the idea. This is a team that lost lots of sandpaper last summer when Ruutu, Ryan Malone and Georges Laraque all flew the coup.
If this is even remotely true, I would simply be happy knowing that Shero realized he made a mistake letting Ruuts go (even though I think it's probably a little too late), but if they could pull this off -- I would take back every bad thing I ever said about Shero in a heartbeat. I think I may even consider wearing an "I [heart] Shero" shirt everyday from now until the end of this season!

John and I have had numerous discussions about this very topic that usually went a little something like this:
"Do you think they'd ever consider getting Ruutu back?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Just because I don't think they'd do that."
And as much as I continued to ask him the same question, I always took his word because my husband is hockey-wise and I just left it at that (and, in the back of my mind, I never really thought it would be a possibility either) -- but here I am, writing a post talking about the possibility of it (and John is teasing me every step of the way; but wait -- I'll be rubbing it in if we do get Ruuts back!)!!

I'm honestly not sure who we'd be giving up for him in return (although I can actually envision the pretty little bow I'd have Dupuis wrapped in to hand him over to Ottawa) and seeing as how Shero wouldn't budge on that third year that Ruutu wanted (he only wanted to sign him for two), we'd be taking over the contract around the 2-year mark anyway. I know I'm just trying to find positive reasons this would work, but this probably isn't going to happen and I'll end up as disappointed as I was in the off-season when he went to Ottawa -- I can only continue to pray!

Dear Lord (or Santa, or Shero -- whomever seems to be entertaining my prayers of having Ruuts back in black and vegas gold),

If you're still listening, PLEASE find some way to swing this one!! I would be forever grateful and would try REALLY HARD not to say another bad thing about Mr. Shero ever again!!!!!!

Thank you,
TSCSF

2 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Um, can I have the address you sent that letter to.

Theirs a few things I'd like to bug them about myself.

- 0 0 ) ) said...

John speaks the truth!!

~~
Go Pens.