Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CRUSHED Yet Again!!

And I knew it, I did (but a girl can dream, can't she?!)!!!

Here's the latest on Ruutu from LeBrun:

We told you Monday the Pittsburgh Penguins had held talks with the Ottawa Senators about reacquiring pest Jarkko Ruutu. They did indeed, but the deal is not going to happen. The Penguins have moved on to other targets, a source told ESPN.com late Monday night.
Dammit -- SO CLOSE!!

And even though I knew in the back of my mind that this deal wouldn't come to fruition (just like I knew he'd probably be leaving at the end of last season), I'm still a little disappointed. He was true grit for the Penguins and I enjoyed watching him play here -- I really did (and you can't argue that he's one of the reasons the Pens did so well last season and a part of what they're missing now) -- even with Cooke and Godard -- there was just something about Ruutu!!

Now please, Ray, stop playing with my emotions and allow me to fully grieve this time so that I am finally able to get over the fact that my Ruuts will not be wearing black and vegas gold anytime soon (if ever again!)!!!

NO LOVE for you, Ray!!

No comments: