Thursday, June 10, 2010

Third Time's the Charm for Hossa - Blackhawks Win Cup!

No, I'm not bitter and I had to get over the Hossa issue pretty quickly so that I didn't have to cheer on the Filthidelphia Flyers (I'll "forgive," but I won't forget ... ever!).

I'm happy for the Blackhawks, I'm happy for Hossa ... end of story; now lets move on (I'm ready for some Penguins hockey!)!!!

I didn't watch much of the final games ... some here and there (I LOVE hockey, but my heart just wasn't in it ... and my "heart" is the Pens!).  I was lucky enough to see Kane score the winning goal in overtime last night and how the celebration was unceremonious for a few minutes before everyone else (aside from Kane and Leighton) realized the puck was in the net.  I'm not a big fan of Kane, but you gotta admit, the kid is good and that was pretty sweet!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS (THANKS for beating the Flyers and, as a friend so eloquently put it, wiping the smug look off of Pronger's face!)!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

3 comments:

lizagirl84 said...

yes smug look for sure but oh gosh just hit me now girls when i would watch the press confrences with pronger i cant put my finger on it but i found him strangely attractive i know ahh right oh well ill get over it but those broad shoulders stop it stop it get a hold of yourself hes a flyer

EHisCDN said...

I'm so happy that the Hawks won the cup. I actually predicted that they would go to the finals before the playoffs started (granted I also wanted the Pens to be in the finals...)
I'm really happy for Hossa, despite being a Pens fan I don't hold a grudge against him and I'm was hoping he would win. I mean this is a team sport and I can't root against my second favourite team just because one guy plays for them like some people were doing. On the other hand I hate the Flyers as a whole so yea...

GO HAWKS GO
GO PENS GO
Isn't hockey great! But what to do until October?

Maureen said...

No more smug Pronger. it's okay, he'll have all summer to work on it.