Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Early Word from the Trib ... Pens Sign Cooke (3 Years)

According to Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the Pens and Matt Cooke's camp have verbally agreed to a contract extension.  The contract is said to be a three-year deal which I find interesting because Shero has been so against giving "role players" more than two years ... this is very surprising!!!

DAMN HIM ... how did he not sign Ruutu to three years (YES, I'm still anguished over this!)!!  Although I am happy that we're getting Cookey back ... I will forever miss Ruuts!!
Term was agreed upon Monday night and the contract has been sent to NHL central registry to be made official.


Cooke, who earned $1.2 million each of the last two seasons, will count $1.8 million against the salary cap each of the years on his new contract.
I'm assuming that it won't be official (announced by the Pens) until the contract is actually signed.

No comments: