Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Sure Hope Bennet Plays Hockey Better than He Bowls!!

Beau Bennett gave the Penguins official webpage his take on this week's development camp so far and says he enjoyed hanging out with the guys to finishi out their long day yesterday by going bowling.  He also confessed that even though he warmed up after awhile and his team ultimately won he's not the greatest of bowlers (and was his team's "weak link").
We finished the day with a bowling competition. Our team was pretty good. The first game I was definitely the worst player on my team. I bowled like a 70. I had 19 pins through five frames. It’s not a good start. I got better as the games went on. I was the weak link in the first game and then scored second highest in the second game. I had a quick learning curve. I got the ball straight down the middle more times than not in the second game.
His team consisted of Brian Strait, Reid McNeil, Tom Fitzgerald, Casey Pierro-Zabotel and Keven Vellieux.

I think the most impressive statement throughout the whole article is this (it tells me the kid is on the right track / has the right frame of mind, for sure!):
It’s unreal playing with guys who’ve been there before, played NHL games like Tangradi and Jeffrey. I’m playing with Jeffrey right now. I’m just trying to take it all in, watch what he’s doing a little bit, learn from him and keep getting better as the week goes on.

No comments: