Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shero at It Again

[UPDATE] I was just emailed this bit of info taken from today's Toronto Star:
Not many fourth-rounders turn into players who score 20 or more goals three times and play 477 NHL games, but Ponikarovsky did. Still, his inconsistency drove the organization crazy, as did his unwillingness to play a physical game on a regular basis despite his size.
Could this be another situation like the 2008 Hossa deal? I'm hoping not and with Shero's track record (and our boys winning the Stanley Cup last season), I think I'm still willing to give this a chance.

Last night during the game, there was alot of buzz ... not only for the great game the Pens were playing, but also because there were trade talks in the air.

On the way home after the game, it was confirmed that the Penguins picked up forward Alexei Ponikarovsky from the Toronto Maple Leafs for both Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula. The majority of the talk on the post-game show with Grover and Bourquie was all good, so I'm excited. The assumption is that Ponikarovsky (Poni) will play on Malkin's line; and with Fedotenko, they'll be a force to be reckoned with!!

I'd say we're pretty ready for another long Stanley Cup run, wouldn't you?!!

1 comment:

Zigh said...

Seriously... the trade deadline will never come fast enough!

Soooo stressed out about everything. I mean, obviously these people (for the most part) know what they're doing... but just... UGH, can we please hurry up already?!

I hate waiting in limbo! (and I'm not even one of the players in question lol)