Sunday, July 13, 2008

LECAVALIER is Tampa Bay's Until He's 40!

It was reported today on TSN.ca that Vincent LeCavalier signed a 11 year / $85 million contract.


AND, just in time, it so happens that Tampa Bay will be hosting a "Vinny Celebration" and Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday, July 15th! They're advertising the event on their official webpage which includes the picture below.



With Alexander Ovechkin signing a 10 year deal and now LeCavalier signing for 11, it makes me wonder even more why Crosby and the Penguins didn't opt to make a similar long term deal. I mean, I understand, but I don't understand why it wouldn't be considered when all these other franchise players don't seem to have a problem with it. Wouldn't the Penguins want to lock up their franchise player too? My husband continues to reiterate the fact that both Crosby and Malkin will most likely be Penguins for their entire careers, then why wouldn't they sign a deal like this? Wouldn't it make more sense?

Like I've said before, this is why I'm not a GM (or an agent, for that matter)!

1 comment:

Ex. The Evolution said...

i caught a comment of yours in commenterblog over at the Pensblog and saw you were from Johnstown... I am too, if you can beleive that haha.

i run a blog, Experiencing the Evolution (pensevoltuion.blogspot.com), and wanted to let you know I'm going to add your blog to my sidebar/links section.
just wanted to make sure that was cool with you.

drop by if you get a chance, id like to hear from a fellow J-towner.

have a good 1
-Eric