Monday, February 21, 2011

QUICK Pre-Game Notes (Pittsburgh VS Washington)

AHL CALL-UP
the Pens called up defenseman Brian Strait

IN / OUT
defenseman Paul Martin is out while Jordan Staal (playing with a protective shield) is in for tonight's game; the two new players aren't playing in tonight's game; I've also heard that Nisky has been on IR, but haven't been able to confirm that

IN NET
Fleury

SIDNEY CROSBY
the "talk" among hockey analysts is that the trade made today is Shero's way of letting the team / NHL know that Crosby will return sometime this season ... I'm not sure I have an opinion on it either way (honestly, I would rather not see Crosby return and hold off to get back into it next season - the concussion worries me; so I guess I DO have an opinion!)

WASHINGTON INJURY / LINE INFO
Mike Green (D), inner-ear trauma - day-to-day
Tom Poti (D), lower body injury - day-to-day
Eric Fehr (F), shoulder - out 2-3 weeks

No comments: